Stefan Hausfeld – Division Head Corporate Responsibility, Alissa Sekulic – Corporate Responsibility Manager
SUSTAINABILITY AT BRAX
Sustainability and future-proof capability – these long-term visions are a defining characteristic for us as a medium- sized family-owned company. We actively embraced entrepreneurial responsibility for a very long time. This is part of our self-image and our corporate identity. At BRAX, we aspire to offer our customers apparel of the best quality at affordable prices, but also incorporate the social and environmental aspects in the manufacture of this clothing as fundamental building blocks. Firstly, we would like our customers to experience an all-round sense of feel good when they purchase our products. Secondly, the people in our value chain should be able to enjoy ethical and safe working conditions throughout the chain. At the same time, we are committed to the environment and we work continuously on reducing our consumption of resources.
„IN OUR OPINION, CAREFUL HANDLING OF PEOPLE AND RESOURCES IS JUST AS MUCH PART OF OUR CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY AS ACTIVELY CONTROLLING ALL STAGES OF THE PRODUCTION CHAIN.“
We are aware of our responsibility for workers at the factories and we accept that responsibility. Over and above that, the same principle applies at all the production locations as at our headquarters in Herford: satisfied employees who are treated with respect are the foundation for consistently high quality. According to our conception, fair working conditions throughout the textile supply chain are very important. Our more general aim is to ensure that the people working for our suppliers enjoy decent working conditions. We want to motivate our suppliers to maintain or improve on that level.
Maria Humberta Rodriguez – Seamstress, partner business Dominican Republic
Istvan Szabo – Employee in the laundry, partner business Romania
On the basis that unity is strength, in 2008 we joined the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI). The BSCI is an initiative by purchasing organisations aimed at improving global working conditions in various sectors. As well as the joint efforts under the BSCI umbrella we also developed a corporate standard of our own, which goes beyond these requirements.
- No child labour
- Special protection for young workers
- No bounded labour
- No precarious employment
- No discrimination
- Protection of the environment
- Fair remuneration
- Ethical business behaviour
- Decent working hours
- Occupational health and safety
- The rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining
„WE REGARD RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE RELATIONS WITH EVERYONE WHO COMES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF OUR ENTREPRENEURIAL ACTIVITIES AS THE BASIS OF ANY PARTNERSHIP.“
Acting responsibly and operating with a sense of environmental awareness – this is the objective at BRAX. That is why we are a member of the Carbon Performance Improvement Initiative (CPI2). This is an organisation of leading retail and brand-name companies which pursue the objective of being pioneers in environmental protection. We want to respect people and the environment throughout the textile value chain. Implementing our own corporate standard and using the CPI2 platform represent an important step on the route to manufacturing our clothing with efficient use of resources and producing in an environmentally compatible process. At the beginning of 2013, we had therefore already started to draw up ambitious guidelines for sustainable textile production. Our requirements in production were worked out together with experts for environmental protection and they are today defined in our BRAX Corporate Standard for Ecological Responsibility. Our engagement is geared towards playing a pioneering role in the sector. That’s why we want to further extend our commitment in this area.
That is what new directions in denim is all about. With innovative laser technology that sets trends with pinpoint precision. In a matter of seconds, temperatures up to 300 degrees Celcius create trend-setting denim design that makes a lasting impression. How does it work exactly? Simply scan the QR code, watch the video and be amazed. At BRAX, denim ist he technology of the future.
TRIMAN SYMBOL FRANCE
The signage system Triman aims to identify clearly and without ambiguity the recyclable products, covered by an Extended Producer Responsibility, that are separately collected in France at the end of their useful life. By publishing the signage system Triman on our website we meet the requirements of the Extended Producer Responsibility.
Leineweber GmbH & Co. KG (hereafter: Leineweber) is the owner of the copyrights to the photo files included in the download section. In addition, it has the consent of all the models shown in the photos to the photo files being used to the extent described here. Thus the photo files are to be used to the extent permitted here only. If alternative use is planned, please consult us in writing in advance. Ms Carolin Feigl (email@example.com) will be pleased to help.
- The user is hereby granted the right to use free of charge the photo files offered expressly for downloading in this download section, such use being for advertising purposes in connection with the Leineweber brands (BRAX, EUREX, RAPHAELA, PERMA, BRAX Golf, etc.). For this purpose, the user is granted a simple and non-assignable copyright, which is valid for 12 months after the time of download.
The files can be utilised in particular for mailing campaigns, newspaper or flyer advertising and for the user’s own website, provided that they are used in association with the Leineweber brands. In addition, the photo files can be included in press reports in association with the Leineweber brands.
The "BRAX Feel Good" logo, or the logo of one of the associated product groups (EUREX by BRAX, RAPHAELA by BRAX, BRAX GOLF or BRAX active) must always be visible on the photo file in each case of use.
- In particular, the image files may NOT be used
- to advertise multiple brands, even if the other brands are named in association with those of Leineweber.
- insofar as the image files are not displayed with the Leineweber brands.
- as image photos on the website or advertising brochures, unless the advertisement is exclusively designed for the Leineweber brands.
- outside Germany (defined in the case of websites by the user's location) unless Leineweber has given its express written consent.
- Use of photo files other than those included in the download section is expressly prohibited. Thus, in particular, utilisation of photo files shown elsewhere (e.g. on the BRAX website or in the BRAX webshop) is not permitted unless Leineweber has given its express written consent.
- The photo files must not be significantly changed. This does not include picture details if these are necessary for presentation of the picture data. Any changes to proportions should be avoided if possible. Distorting changes are strictly prohibited. It is also prohibited to remove the "BRAX Feel Good" logo from the image files.
- All copyrights will expire if and as soon as the user is excluded from the download system and has been notified of this exclusion in writing by Leineweber. In addition, Leineweber is entitled to terminate the assigned copyrights at any time in the future if there is cause to do so.
- In the event of a breach of these copyrights, the user is obligated to pay a penalty of 1,000 euros to Leineweber for each breach of contract precluding any continuation of offence. Leineweber expressly reserves the right to the assertion of further compensation, in particular subsequent fees for photographers and models.